Job Summary & Responsibilities
Provide Middle Office operations and systems knowledge to ensure the successful execution of Middle Office daily workflows such as internal record keeping, trade support & required daily and ad-hoc reporting across equity and credit strategies. Collaborate with trading, operations, portfolio management and research staff to resolve complex requests and inquiries to resolution. Prepare and analyze ongoing metrics and dashboards to support business decisions. Execute projects and initiatives to identify and implement operational best practices, system enhancements, and policy changes. Train team members on policy changes and system enhancements.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of Middle Office processes and systems, as well as internal products and services.
- Provide support and subject matter expertise to trading & operations staff to effectively complete daily workflows such as reconciliations, trade support including affirmation/confirmation, trade fail follow-up, reporting and resolve outstanding issues.
- Handle complex inquiries from trading & operational staff and ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Investment team staff.
- Monitor the automated reporting process according to established deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze ongoing metrics and dashboards to support regulatory requirements and business decisions.
- Execute projects and initiatives to identify and implement operational best practices, system enhancements, and policy changes, including software programs and technology tools Participate in identifying systems requirements and systems testing.
- Train team members on policy changes and system enhancements.
- Enhance internal quality assurance and the risk control framework by implementing and monitoring adherence to new procedures.
- Ensure Middle Office workflow activities follow established risk controls and are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent experience required
- 3 – 5 years of experience in financial services operations required, preferably within investment management (buy-side)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Client-orientated with attention to detail and quality
- Knowledge of portfolio accounting systems and tools
- Strong verbal communication & problem resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently in a team environment and have a hands on approach.
- Knowledge of software programs like Visual Basic, C++, Python not required but desired
- Series 7 and 63/66 not required but desired